| 8:00 am
| 8:30 am
||Everyone is seated
| 8:45 - 9:45 am
||Session - Towards 2030
Even with Nepal facing social uncertainties amid its transitional phase, harboring a hope for its bright future and its target of becoming middle-income nation is not that far-fetched. In addition to the hundreds of thousands of people actively contributing towards nation-building, there is also a strong potential for sectors to work towards a common goal-by recognizing cross-cutting agendas and common targets. This session will discuss the varying dimensions of social and economic development that employ a comprehensive and balanced approach and ensures progress and long-term accountability.
- Constantino Xavier, Fellow, Brookings India
- Lei Lei Song, Regional Economic Advisor, Asian Development Bank, New Delhi
- Songqiao Yao, Founder, WildBound
- Swarnim Wagle, Economist
| 9:45 - 10:45 am
||Tourism - From Product to Experience
Nepal has long been a destination for travellers seeking adventure and spirituality. On average, the tourism sector contributes up to 5 percent of the nation's total foreign exchange reserves annually, and it is the largest service industry in Nepal. In the current climate of increasing demand for quality and affordable services, emerging ventures have revolutionised travel experience, while also contributing to local economies. This session will discuss the untapped prospects of tourism in Nepal and the unexplored benefits of including local communities in tourism ventures.
- Anil Goel, Chief Technology Officer, OYO Hotels and Homes
- Monika Schaffner, Integrative Geographer, connecting spaces
- Rene Vijay Shrestha Einhaus, Executive Director, Dwarika’s Group of Hotels & Resorts
- Shradha Shrestha, Manager, Branding & Corporate Partnership, Nepal Tourism Board, Nepal
- Chandan Sapkota, Senior Fellow, Nepal Economic Forum
| 10:45 - 11:00 am
| 11:00 - 12:00 pm
||Where is the money?
Jim Rogers, a prominent American investor, once said, "If you were smart in 1807, you moved to London, if you were smart in 1907, you moved to New York, and if you are smart in 2007, you move to Asia." Investments in small Asian frontier markets have proven to have a promising future. Nepal has become one such hub--as a result of its rapid urbanisation and development; and it promises large investment opportunities. The speakers in this session, which will revolve around chasing investments, will shed light on Nepal's untapped business areas and on how they can contribute to the nation's growth.
- Abhishek Kumar, Managing Partner, Rainforest Venture Network
- Aditi Shrestha, Investment Officer for Nepal, International Finance Corporation
- Bhoj Raj Poudel, Economist
- Faris Hadad Zervos, Country Manager, World Bank, Nepal
- Siddhant Pandey, Chairman & CEO, Business Oxygen Pvt. Ltd.
| 12:00 - 12:30 pm
||Nepal in the Global Stage
In conversation with the Minister of Finance and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Nepal.
- Mr. Pradeep Kumar Gyawali, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Nepal.
- Dr. Yubraj Khatiwada, Finance Minister of Nepal
- Sujeev Shakya, Founder & CEO, beed management
| 12:30 - 1:30 pm
|| Lunch Break
| 1:30 - 2:45 pm
||मुख्य मन्त्रीहरुसँग मुखामुख
Amid the confusion in the power distribution, implementation of federalism has also inflicted conflict between the center and province. Further, the situation could prolong without the proper legal provision. Although there have been few bilateral dialogues between the chief ministers and the prime minister, the discourse is yet to be held in a public forum. This session will be a platform to dwell upon the problems, concerns and potentials of the states as well as the chief ministers.
In conversation with Provincial Chief Ministers
- Sherdhan Rai, Chief Minister, Province 1
- Mohammad Lalbabu Rawat, Chief Minister, Province 2
- Dormani Poudel, Chief Minister, Province 3
- Prithivi Subba Gurung, Chief Minister, Gandaki Province
- Shankar Pokhrel, Chief Minister, Province 5
- Mahendra Bahadur Shai, Chief Minister, Karnali Province
- Trilochan Bhatta, Chief Minister, Sudur Paschim Province
- Narayan Wagle, Editor- in- chief, Kantipur Daily
| 2:45 pm
Mr. Rajnish Rikhy, Business Director, Kantipur Media Group